Be a Counsellor at Camp Jubilee

2019 counsellor and CIT registration is open. Spaces are limited so please wait for confirmation from the camp committee before booking travel.


Counsellors must be baptised and be 18 years or older by the first day of camp. If you will be 16 or 17 years old, you can apply to be a Counsellor-in-training.--> You must be able to commit to coming for the duration of camp including pre-camp training.

What can I expect at camp?

Counsellors can expect an intense but rewarding experience involving Bible lessons, face paint, highly entertaining skits, table-pounding, sports, devotions, massive helpings of delicious food, lots of music, profitable Bible discussions, fun crafts and shenanigans.

Counsellors will be responsible for teaching classes and supervising cabins over night.
Counsellors-in-training will be responsible for supervising afternoon activities, supporting counsellors, and helping the camp to run smoothly.-->

What else can I expect?

Hard work, a significant time investment before camp, crowd control, chore supervision, operating boot camps at 6 am, heavy competition, practising your conflict resolution skills, sleep deprivation, difficult questions, freezing water and character development.

How much does it cost?

Counselling is free! You are only responsible for your travel costs to and from camp.
Please contact the camp committee via if you need transport from Pearson Airport (YYZ) or accommodation before or after camp. If you are a resident of Canada or the United States who cannot afford travel costs, please contact us.

How do I sign up?

Just fill out the appropriate application form below. Note that there are separate forms for counsellors and counsellors-in-training.
You will need to provide names and contact information for three personal references on the form. You will also need to explain why you are interested in a counselling or counsellor-in-training position.

Before the end of May will you need to send us a police check (or a copy of one obtained within 5 years of the camp end date) if we do not already have one on file.
If you live in Canada you must provide a Police Vulnerable Sector Check. If you live outside of Toronto, you can initiate your own check by visiting your local police station with two pieces of government ID and a volunteer letter. Please request your volunteer letter from If you live in Toronto please request a Toronto Police application form from

If you live in the United States, please provide a State level police check for your current state of residence.

If you are from overseas we will contact you to discuss police check requirements.

If you have questions you need answered before signing up please contact the committee at

What will I need to do to prepare for camp?

  1. Counsellors will be sent prepared lesson plans about a month before camp week. You should come prepared to teach because you may not have a lot of free time once you arrive.
  2. If you are a brother you may be asked to prepare a short talk (about 10 minutes) to present during the evening program.
  3. You will receive guidelines and training materials that you must read prior to attending the counsellor training.
  4. Counsellors MUST attend the pre-camp training which will begin the evening of Sunday, August 5th.
Counsellor Registration Form

We have very limited spaces for CITs this year. If you would like to be a CIT for 2018, please fill out the application form linked below and email a video essay or written essay on the theme of "Why I would like to serve at Jubilee" to before May 31st. Applicants will be chosen based on camper demographics and your attitude as communicated through your essay.

CIT Registration Form